Today I tried to enter my admin dashboard in WordPress and had this 403 error page after several unsuccessful attempts to enter correct username and password:
We’re sorry, you are not allowed to proceed
Your request looks suspiciously similar to automated requests from spam posting software or it has been denied by a security policy configured by the website administrator.
I googled this issue and did not find anything suitable. ((((
So I remembered that several weeks ago I activated WP Cerber Plugin to enhance WordPress security. So I thought that I can disable this plugin and then go to my WP admin panel without any problems. But how to do this without an access to the admin panel?
I googled again and finally found the solution.
Here it is:
- Go to FTP
- Go to wp-content
- Rename a folder plugins into something else, for example old-plugins.
- It will deactivate all the plugins. So…
- Go to your website’s/wp-admin and enter correct credentials.
- WOW! I am in my admin panel. And site is crushed)))))
- Rename old-plugins folder into plugins folder
- Deactivate 1 plugin after another and find the plugin that crushes your website.
After doing steps 1-7 I entered WP Cerber dashboard panel and was shocked.
I added my IP address into the White list (it surprisingly changed this week).
But I have a question! Who knows how to setup WP Cerber to work properly?
Because I like this plugin and don’t want to remove it.